Online Education is the New Struggle

 Most students are struggling or failing their online courses because many of them find it harder to engage digitally.  Due to the fact that I am a student myself who is also taking online courses, I immediately sparked interest in this topic because I am currently going through the same issue now. Ever since Covid-19, a majority of school systems decided to do virtual learning for the safety of the students and staff. For most of these students digital learning came completely new to them, including myself. I know that a lot of students were not prepared for virtual learning because the pandemic did come as a shock for most. Students were expecting to be going back to the classrooms face-to-face with their instructors, not at home on a computer screen. 

I also took interest in this topic because I am seeking ways that could help me improve with my engagement online. As mentioned in the article, many students find it nearly impossible to navigate through online courses or programs. I personally have experienced this problem myself. Oftentimes instructors will have a course page with assignments and content to help aid students with assignments. Students are expected to utilize these course pages; however, most students find it easier to simply give up or fail an assignment when they have a hard time navigating. 

Online virtual learning is not just a hassle for the students but for the instructors as well. Just like students are used to the traditional classroom setting, so are the instructors. Not all instructors may be familiar with newer technology and this can lead to miscommunication issues or navigation issues. 

Virtual online learning also takes away from students being able to interact with one another and learn to work well with others. Working with others is an essential skill to have as an adult no matter what the occupation is. The classroom was one way in which students were able to practice and experience working with others. 

My audience for this topic should include online instructors, students taking online course or that are considering it, and the school board of directors. 

Comments

  1. This is a REALLY REALLY GOOD topic. Its probably the most relevant out of all the topics ive seen so far. It really is a problem and it needs to be addressed .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a REALLY REALLY GOOD topic. Its probably the most relevant out of all the topics ive seen so far. It really is a problem and it needs to be addressed .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar topic, and i really like what you have to say about it. It's an issue that effects all of us, and it's definitely a complex one at that. Good stuff, Honyst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good choice for a topic. You have a really good point and I think we all can agree with you. There is only 2 things I would like to remind is that you don't have any pictures or any sources.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Oldest Sport!

Differences in Graduation Rates